Friday, January 9, 2009

A Born Leader

So Mason's naps have been anything but predictable lately. Actually there are more days than not that he doesn't even take one. But he still has "Quiet Time". I'm not sure who needs it more -- him or me. A few times last week he even managed to climb out of his crib during nap time. Well yesterday he was being a little too quiet after I put him in there and I knew he wasn't asleep. I turned on his video monitor and decided to listen in on what he was doing. I watched him for a good 20 minutes and he was so funny! Don't tell Chris, but that's why I didn't have anything ready for dinner (Luckily, Cheech invited us for dinner, so I was covered!).

He had lined up all of his stuffed animals along the rail of his crib and was talking to them -- or should I say instructing them. After watching for a little while I realized he was teaching them how to climb out of the crib!

Mason: Climb pole. Now, amils (aka animals) Look! look! Now slide pole.

While he was talking his animals through the escape plan he was also using one of them as an example. Marching it up the pole and then having it slide back down. He then took each animal through the process and after said, "Good!"

As I write this he is up in his crib supposedly napping. But no time to spy on him today, more important things to do. Like, email, facebook, and blogging. And I guess that also means no dinner again, woops!

1 comment:

  1. Chapman, I absolutely LOVE this blog! Yours is the first and only blog I am following. :-) It is so great to get to read up on what you guys are up to. I especially love all the adorable Mason stories so far! Keep 'em coming! <3 Carrie

    ReplyDelete